Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Renovations part 1

Before I left for Romania, the Lord laid it on my heart to ask Alina about renovating their cellar room where we house all of PHFTC's supplies. For the past ten years the Plugars have virtually given this room over to our supplies and only stored a very few items in it~ all without thought of charge or reimbursement!

Over the years, I replaced a window and a door but that is all. Last year, I noticed an overwhelming mold smell which concerned me. So this year I thought it would be a great idea to totally renovate the room and install shelving and cupboards for our growing supply stash!

 I mentioned it to Ali and found out that just that week they had a contractor come and give them an estimate, but realized that they could not afford the costs! It was a clear green light to go forward! I met with the contractor and work has started!

 Here are some pictures of the beginning of the work and I will be keeping you updated as we go along. If anyone wants to donate to this project, we would really appreciate it! Total estimate is around $800-$1,000 for everything. It sounds like a lot but we cannot afford to have our supplies and food damaged in any way.








No comments:

Post a Comment