Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Mother's Heart




With Mother's Day being last week, I was busy thinking about who I could send messages to that day. I sent them to many of my "mommy friends", but my thoughts drifted to the many women I know that have not physically had children or even been able to adopt children. Yet I know their hearts are one with mine. They have held and cared for another woman's child and have cried over that child; loving them fiercely!  I have seen women fight passionately for a child not their "own", protecting them, defending their rights, sheltering them, holding them as they pass into the arms of Jesus.

Why do some women do this? Why do some Adopt? Foster? or Work in orphanages and hospitals with abandoned babies? Because they/we know that these babies are just as precious as any baby we could have biologically. Because God has given us a command that our heart has taken an allegiance to serve. I know so many woman who have taken up this calling even when their hopes of being a mother has not come to pass yet. This post is for them!

These woman are ones that we need to look up to and emulate their self-sacrifice with our own little ones. May I encourage you in something? If you know someone like this~ offer her your support and help. Her job is not easy. If you have been feeling a tug to help the fatherless~ don't keep pushing it aside. Find out what you can do! Whether it is sponsoring a child internationally, becoming a foster parent or just supporting ministries like this one you will. never. regret. it! Because there is nothing more rewarding that being a Mother:)

~Mona

No comments:

Post a Comment