Sunday, March 17, 2019

March Madness 4

Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!

  While I do not have any claim to the Irish, I can say that St Patrick himself was a wonderful role model of humbleness and forgiveness that everyone should copy and I like to teach my children how to emulate him in those ways. If you are of Irish descent,  I hope you are enjoying your day!

  Anyway, I am popping on to write this email today as we are halfway through the month and our March Madness Fundraiser. Donations are trickling in and we are so grateful to all of you, who have taken the time to sit down and send in your donation! Any and Alldonations are so crucial and we are encouraged when we see yours~ Thank you!

   If you haven't been able to send one in yet, don't feel bad as there is still time! You can donate through Facebook, our website, and the old fashioned way of sending a check to PHFTC 6983 Chase Rd, Fabius, NY 13063.

And here is where some of that money goes for: Travel! My traveling to and from Romania can be expensive and I am going twice this year. (Once for my normal work trip and once to lead a small team of women over to hold babies at our Sibiu Hospital and to bless some of the other foundations we partner with. Let me know if you are interested in going) Last year,travel made up 16% of our budget. We need to pay for airfare, transportation across the border into Romania, Airbnb housing, rental car, food, etc. We shop for the best deals and our conscientious of our money, but still it requires several thousand to make the trips happen.

Here is an excerpt from 2018's expenses for a two-week work trip:

  Airline flight- $1300
  Car Rental- $460
  Fuel- $185
  Housing- $725
  Meals- $642
  Taxi- $120
  Other Travel Expenses - $220


I am staying longer this year, which will allow me more time in each hospital location, with our employees, our partner foundations, and in the shopping of supplies so you understand that that the cost will be more. If you would like to help us meet this budget need, we would so appreciate it!

Thank you for your support and interest!

Blessings,

Mona
Edit

The hospital in Romania

Ramona in the hospital

Jack and Ramona Cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment