Monday, March 25, 2013

The Journey part 2

                                                                                                                                           3 months later

   Spring turned to Summer and I was at home in Romania. God had blessed me with a decent landlord, a good apartment, great co-workers and many protective friends. I was learning the language and the culture enjoying city life.

   My work at the "Baby House" was going well. Before leaving the States, the Foundation sent me a picture of the children at the orphanage. Three of those babies captured my heart instantly! I started praying for all the children, but those three little faces kept popping up in my mind's eye. Amazingly, upon starting work I had been given charge of those same three children! (Two of whom I still have contact today) They were precious and at ages 6 months, 2 and 4 years, I was busy! 

   However, by Summer the orphanage was being re-organized and my shifts became twelve-hour day shifts every other day. This left me with too much time on my hands and I questioned my director about her Arms of Mercy branch in the local Pediatric Hospital. Little did I know how that question would change and shape my life....

No comments:

Post a Comment