Friday, June 7, 2013

On the Road Again!

Romania! That word always sends tingles down my spine and a quiver of happiness in my tummy! I love being in Romania, working with the babies, seeing old friends and walking the streets... I love how I'm so different there. I lose the stress and learn to trust more on God's strength.

 For those who know me I can seem overbearing and uptight, sometimes rigid and always scheduled, a bit stressed. There I am really none of those things. I love my job there! I have had many jobs over the years and some I have thoroughly enjoyed, but working with these tiny, helpless babies somehow completes me~ makes me feel purposeful. (Not to mention that the Latin culture makes you slow down!)

Over the years, my husband has gone with me, my best friend and my daughter, but never all together. And now I have the privilege of going with my whole family and introducing my son to this different world (and different Mama). I am so proud to have him meet my friends over there and to show him my work there. I hope one day that my children might have a mission that they are similarly passionate about and that they can honor the Lord with and help others in need!

As I pressed the computer buttons the other night and ordered four tickets, I felt trepidation and excitement! It seemed that circumstances made it the only way for this trip to happen, though all my other "ducks" were still not in a row, but I felt the need to trust and see what God would do so.... Once again, I need to relax and watch how everything unfolds and enjoy every minute doing what I love best with who I love best and just. be. blessed.:)


No comments:

Post a Comment